Back To School Activity Guide Term 4 2019
Back To School Activity Guide Term 4 2019
School is back soon and that means it’s time to find new classes and activities!
We have joined up with some amazing local businesses to bring you this guide of classes and activities that run throughout Term 4 2019.
We have a wide variety of classes and activities for babies, girls and boys!
- Manly Warringah Gymnastics Club
- Ladybug Music
- Manly Sailing
- Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
- McBrearty School of Irish Dance
- Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
- Australian Music Schools Warriewood
Manly Warringah Gymnastics Club
Community Owned and Not for Profit
Programs for all ages and abilities – classes run during the school term.
- Kindy Gym 18 months-3 years (with mum or dad)
- Mini Gym 3-4 years
- Junior Gym 4-5 years
- General recreational and development (after school and weekends)
- Inclusions classes
- Adult classes (individually tailored and sensibly paced)
- School holiday program and birthday parties
It’s engaging, structured and lots of fun. Coaches are professionally accredited and Working with Children certified. MWGC is 2400 m2 of jumping castle, trampolines, foam pits, gymnastics apparatus and a gym warrior course of the little Ninja’s Gymnastics is the #1 sport for kids!
They accept NSW Active and Creative Kids’ vouchers.
Mention Northern Beaches Mums for a free trial!
Why Term 4 is SO important:
- Term 4 is often very disruptive with end-of-year production/prize-givings/trips. Keep your child’s academic learning going while they are still having fun! It’s a great chance to catch up or get ahead when everyone else is slowing down.
- If you miss Term 4, with limited academic work at school, it’s up to 4 months of formal learning, leading to huge holiday slippage. That’s a 1/3 of the year! This may affect your child’s retention of knowledge and/or confidence when they begin the new school year.
- There is still time to improve the end of year report!
- Show next year’s teachers that your child belongs in advanced classes/groups.
- A confident end to the year with a happy, eager child sets the tone for the new year.
Right now, NumberWorks’nWords is offering FREE ASSESSMENTS in Maths and English.
Contact James at Dee Why or Shannon at Mona Vale.
Ladybug Music offers parent-and-me classes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers, with funky and eclectic family music in a warm environment that encourages participation and silliness. Their high quality music curriculum uses a diverse range of rich, complex music, combined with simple melodies and great rhythms, and introduces your child to pitch, tempo, melody and rhythm through singing, instruments, dance and more.
Each term comes with a CD (both digital and hardcopy) with wonderful songs the whole family will enjoy, while your child learns music fundamentals that will last a lifetime.
At Ladybug they sing it, boogie down & have fun!
They are passionate about getting people on the water.
They offer a range of options from your 7 year old looking at starting sailing in their 10 week Level 1 program to your adult lessons.
Being passionate about the water has lead them to run many other programs; Women’s sailing experiences on a Friday morning, Crystal Kayak Tours and Rentals, Teenage Sailing Courses, Yacht Charters, and a Try Sailing Experience.
They love being out on the water and want you to love it as well.
Join them at their Open Day, 29th of September, 9am – 11.30am.
Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
Since 1979 HODA has built confidence through structured drama lessons that children love. Parents can be sure that the skills needed to succeed in today’s exciting but rapidly changing world, collaboration, communication, creativity, are being learnt through highly engaging activities that improve speech, movement, working in groups, idea generation and self confidence. With specialised curriculum and classes for lower and upper primary and youth (secondary) with locations in Avalon, Balgowlah, Warriewood, Forestville and Freshwater (Harbord), term 4 is the perfect time to enrol.
Enquire about their extension program for Youth, new in 2019.
McBrearty School of Irish Dance
Come try their new Jump ‘n Jig classes for 2 to 5 year olds.
- Jump’n Jig is designed to help preschoolers develop coordination, self-esteem & social skills through dance, music and play
- The program is divided into three levels to ensure classes can be modified for children of different ages and gross motor skills development.
Come try it at McBrearty School of Irish Dance. There is an enrolment day at the Narraweena Community Centre on 8th October at 11:00am.
Your kids will love it!
Schedule of classes:
Saturdays – Manly Vale Community Centre, 9:00am to 9:30am
Tuesdays – Narraweena Community Centre, 9:30am to 10:00am & 10:15am to 10:45am.
Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
Meet Theresa Finister Lynch, owner of Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches. She’s your “go to Lady” when you need a breather from daily activities especially when the kids are back to school.
- 24-hour airport and cruise transfers – Sydney & Brisbane service – all age child seats supplied
- After school activity pick up and drop offs
- School runs – daily pick up and drop off
- Home cooking for the whole family
- Pet minding & transportation
- Personal Shopping Trips
- Mobile Spray Tanning
Phone: 0432 144 861
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
Australian Music Schools Warriewood
AMS are taking bookings for a special TERM 4 class for Preschoolers who are starting big school next year.
‘Junior Starter’ is a 9 week ‘school readiness’ program delivered through music.
They teach shapes, numbers, letters, colours and classroom structures through singing, percussion, movement and games.
Special Offer – 9 lessons for $100 *, Friday 11.30am.
They are also enrolling for all age groups for term 1, 2020.
Creative Kids Provider.
Visit their Facebook page to see their amazing results!
You still have the chance to be a part of the Back To School Term 4 Guide!
The Back To School Term 4 Guide is the perfect guide to showcase your business and activities!
We are still accepting submissions for the guide at a discounted price (as you have missed the special edition newsletter). You can still be part of all the other platforms including website, Facebook and Instagram.
Click here to find out how.