Mobile Locksmiths: A Convenient Service That’s Always Available to You!
When you think of a locksmith, what’s the first image that comes to your mind?
Do you picture yourself walking into a locksmith’s shop with a key that you want to duplicate? Or do you picture being locked out of your house and calling a locksmith to come to you?
Modern-day locksmiths provide the best of both worlds for you. You can come and visit them to cut a key, and they can come to you and provide mobile locksmith services when you need them most.
Mobile locksmiths are incredibly convenient, and with a great range of services available, they can really help you. So, what should you look for in a mobile locksmith service? Here are a few things to consider.
Ask yourself these questions to hire the more convenient mobile locksmith
What are their qualifications, experience, and associations?
Just like with any service, you should be looking for experience when you hire a mobile locksmith. If they’re going to be installing, maintaining and repairing your security, you need to know that they can do it right. Generally speaking, a mobile locksmith with 15 years of experience is less likely to slip up than one with just five years.
Of course, experience isn’t everything. Your locksmith should also have completed an apprenticeship as well as a Certificate III in Locksmithing. Look for a mobile locksmith who is backed by professional associations such as the Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia or the Australian and New Zealand Locksmiths Association.
What sort of locksmith hardware can they help me with?
The convenience of mobility often comes with its own drawbacks. Just take a look at the games on your mobile phone and compare them to those you could play on an Xbox or PlayStation.
Of course, this doesn’t have to apply to your mobile locksmith, but it’s still worth making sure that they can assist with all your lock, key, and security needs.
Just some of the things a mobile locksmith should be able to help you with include:
- All general locking systems and key services
- Digital locks
- Garage remotes
- Locksmith Hardware – from door chains to barrel bolts and peepholes
- Electronic access control
- Alarm systems
Can they assist me with a full range of services?
Handling a full range of hardware is one thing, but providing a full range of services is another thing. Generally speaking, the services you should be looking for from a mobile locksmith can be divided into installation, repairs, and maintenance:
- Installation: There are a few things to look for when it comes to locksmith installation services. First and foremost, your locksmith should be able to recommend and provide you with a wide range of products for installation. This could range from electronic and digital mechanisms to alarms to good old-fashioned locks. As well as this, your locksmith should use detailed and accurate techniques and highly-durable products to ensure a seamless and strong installation.
- Repairs: The two main things to look for when it comes to repairs are premium services and competitive prices. As well as this, your mobile locksmith should offer a prompt response time because repairs for damaged locks shouldn’t have to wait. From simple wear and tear repairs to fixes for forced locks, your locksmith should do it all.
- Maintenance: To make sure your home or property remains secure, its best to organise maintenance services on your doors, locks, and security systems. Look for a locksmith who can assist you with locksmith maintenance.
Do they offer 24-hour services?
The benefits of a mobile locksmith are plentiful. They can come to you when your door is jammed at home or the security at your workplace has been put at risk. But what if you come home to a jammed door late at night or you arrive at work early in the morning and notice a security breach?
In situations like this, it pays to know that you have a 24-hour emergency mobile locksmith on your side. With a 24/7 mobile locksmith, you can rest assured that a professional can come to you wherever you are and whenever you need them.
Many locksmiths will advertise emergency services, so just make sure that your locksmith’s emergency services actually are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What is their location and service area?
When it comes to mobile locksmiths, you might not think that location matters. After all, mobile means that they come to you. However, it’s still worth looking at the location and service area of your mobile locksmith.
If the team you’re considering has a wide service area, that’s a great start. Serving the north, south, east and west of Melbourne, or wherever you live, will ensure they can come to you wherever you are. The only question is this – where are they coming from and how long will it take to get there? That’s where the locksmith’s location comes in.
If your locksmith has multiple physical stores across a wide service location, then they are more likely to be able to get to you fast when you need them most.
Find the right mobile locksmith for your needs
To find an experienced, qualified mobile locksmith, start by taking a look online. Read some reviews, paying attention to things like what security hardware they work with and whether they offer installation, maintenance and repairs. You can also talk to friends and family to find a 24-hour mobile locksmith who works near you. Once you’ve found a locksmith who ticks all the boxes, you can be confident in knowing who to call in any security situation.