School is back this week and that means it's time to find new activities for…
New Year, New You Guide
The New Year begins with the promise of a new beginning and a fresh start. And as everyone knows, making resolutions is easy, it is sticking with the that is the hard part.
We have partnered with local Northern Beaches businesses to help you reach your goals for 2019.
- C.A.P.A Academy
- Fix and Flex Pilates & Physiotherapy
- Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
- Vive Active
- Explore Nutrition
- Northern Beaches Community College
- The Language Hub
C.A.P.A Academy is a triple threat performing arts academy. It is a place where students are able to learn and express themselves through all styles of dance, singing, acting and acrobatic arts. Qualified teachers and industry specialists nurture the love of performing while inspiring students to be their very best in state of the art facilities and fully-air conditioned studios.
Age groups: 3 years – professional levels.
Registrations are now open and to celebrate the start of 2019 they are holding “Open Week” from Monday 4th February – Saturday 9th February 2019. Students are able to trial over 16 different classes over the week in their age group.
Age groups: C.A.P.A Creative 3-5 yrs / Pre Junior 5-6 yrs / Junior 7-9 yrs / Pre Teen 10-12 yrs / Teen 13-14 yrs / Pre Senior 15-18 yrs / Senior 18 – 21 yrs / Adults 22-99 yrs
C.A.P.A Creative Pre-School program: 3-5 yrs dance, drama, music, acrobatic arts and play. Build confidence, learn creativity and achieve co-ordination through fun and strength in a professional friendly environment.
Award winning program, excellent results. Limited spaces.
Summer holiday workshops are a great introduction to the wonderful world of performing arts. 9am-3pm daily.
Monday 21st January: Acrobatic Arts
Introduction into the world of circus arts and street performing Cirque Du Soleil style.
Tuesday 22nd January: Drama
Enjoy a day at Hogwarts school of witchery and wizardry. Dress as your favourite character, perform scenes, learn spells, stage fighting and more.
Wednesday 23rd January: Singing
Learn songs and choreography to put together your very own busking performance.
Thursday 24th January: Dance
Hip hop and musical theatre. Learn and perform the lastest dances from films and Broadway shows.
Friday 25th January: Visual Arts
Collages, sand art, mosaics, summer parasols and graffiti caps.
NEW Tuesday 29th January: Performing Arts Workshop
Dance, drama, singing, visual arts and acrobatics all in one day.
Before and after care available, additional costs apply.
Cost: $45 half day | $75.00 full day | $85.00 visual arts | $340.00 full week
Students can attend full days, half days or the full week.
Age groups: Junior 4-8 yrs and Pre Teen 9-12 yrs (no previous experience necessary).
Registrations are now open for Term 1 classes and Summer Holiday workshops.
BOOK NOW limited spaces available.
- Private and Group Pilates sessions, with a maximum of 3 people per class
- Their physiotherapists develop individualised programs for each person after a thorough initial assessment, so your sessions always suit your body & goals
- They use a variety of specialised Pilates equipment such as Reformers, Trapeze Tables & Chairs, plus some exciting other equipment such as the CoreAlign & SurfSet
- Their sessions will help you with: Core Strength, Posture, Flexibility, Pain, Sporting Performance, Prenatal Preparation, Pregnancy & Postnatal Recovery
- They have qualified physiotherapists on hand to help with any aches & pains you may have
Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches is the perfect solution when you need a breather from daily activities. Regardless of the hour, regardless of the request, owner, Theresa Finister Lynch, will be there to take care of those little (or big) things quickly, easily and economically. Phone anytime!
Theresa’s services include:
- 24 hours airport drop off and pick up (all age child seats supplied)
- Day surgery drop off and collection
- Medical and Dental appointment companion
- School, Day Care & Activity runs
- Personal shopping
- Home cooking – you name it, she will cook it for you!
- Mobile Spray Tanning Service
Phone: 0432 144 861
Email: [email protected]
Reformer Pilates Reimagined
Exclusive offer for Northern Beaches Mums…
Kick start the new year with 5 classes at Vive Active for only $49*
*must be used within 30 days
*only available for new customers
Find out more about this exclusive offer by emailing [email protected]
Location: Westfield Warringah Mall, Brookvale
Women’s Health Dietician & Functional Nutritionist
Specialising in pregnancy (maximising nutrition, weight management, gestational diabetes), fertility, post natal depletion, breastfeeding support, thyroid health, weight management, intuitive eating, gut health, family health, diabetes and kidney disease.
Providing that BALANCE between conventional and alternative healthcare and a REAL understanding of what it is like to be a busy mum with competing priorities.
Practical, gentle and individualised health and wellness plans designed after a comprehensive ‘getting to know you’ session.
January Special – 10% off initial assessments
Email: [email protected]
Locations: Mona Vale & Hornsby
There are so many opportunities at Northern Beaches Community College to help up skill the “New You.”
- Government funded computer and business training for small business owners and/or staff – see Tech Savvy for Small Business Program for more information.
- Government funded courses to help improve employment opportunities – see Community Service Obligation Funding for eligibility information.
- Government subsidised accredited courses in health, community services, aged care, business, leadership, early childhood, computers, bookkeeping and more.
Study locally at Narrabeen or Brookvale in a friendly and supportive environment. The website has information on all the above programs.
Phone: 9970 1000
Learn a new language in the new year!
Kids are going back to school and you can finally focus on yourself and your needs? Do you feel like you need brain stimulation and new goals? Learning a foreign language is the perfect activity to exercise your mind and to open yourself to new exciting adventures! At The Language Hub they teach Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese! So, don’t delay it any longer! Choose a language, feed your brain, broaden your horizons!
Term starts: 4th February
Offer: 20% off on group classes for all Northern Beaches Mums when you mention this ad.