The Winter School Holidays are just a few weeks away so it’s time to start…
Spring School Holiday Activity Guide
We’ve found some great ideas for you here from magic and self defence to lego building, acting and more. These activities are always VERY popular so make sure you book quickly!
- The Newport School Holidays
- SocRgirls School Holiday Clinics
- Goodwin’s Tennis Academy
- BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Workshop
- Krav Maga Northern Beaches School Holiday Workshops
- Point Break Drama Spring Holiday Acting Intensive
- Puppeteria Theatre Presents The Jeral Puppets
- Kids OT Holiday Program
- The Bockety World of Henry & Bucket – Monkey Baa Theatre, Lendlease Darling Quarter Theatre
- Young Aces Tennis Camps
- NumberWorks’nWords Spring Holiday Program
- Jack Sharp Magic – School Holiday Camp
- CAPA Academy September School Holiday Workshops
- Be Your Truth School Holiday Workshops
- Kids on the Coast
- All Day Vacation Care
- Swim Programs
- Sunny Ray and the Magnificent Moon, Glen Street Theatre
- Kids’ Art Adventures Creative Workshops
- School Holiday Creative Workshop
The Newport School Holidays
Monday 25 September, 10:00am – 11:00am – Family Yoga
Tuesday 26 September, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Activ8 Sports Expo
Wednesday 27 September, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Arts & Crafts: Dreamcatcher making
Thursday 28 September, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Animal Farm
Friday 29 September, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Silly Science
Monday 2 October, 9:00am – 10:00am – Kids Yoga
Tuesday 3 October, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Little Gardener’s Workshop
Wednesday 4 October, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Nutritional Cooking Class
Thursday 5 October, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Circus School
Friday 6 October, 11:00am – 1:00pm – Little Lane Workshops: Decorate your own tote bag
*Activities may be subject to change. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for any updates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9997 4900
- Website: http://merivale.com.au/whats-on/event/the-newport-school-holidays
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thenewportsyd/
- Location: 2 Kalinya St, Newport
SocRgirls School Holiday Clinics
Fun Meets Football! For girls aged 6-8 and 9-11, the School Holidays are the perfect time for SocRgirls School Holiday Clinics!
Fast becoming Northern Beaches favourite soccer coaching for girls, we keep things fun while the girls learn a range of soccer skills. Our programme focuses on core skills from passing and shielding to shooting and teamwork, and there are plenty of soccer games as well as the opportunity to learn new moves and participate in a penalty shootout competition.
SocRgirls has exclusively female coaches and in the last school holidays, all participants rated the clinic 10/10!!!
- Tue 26 Sep: 10 – 1pm (9 – 11 years)
- Thu 28 Sep: 10 – 1pm (9 – 11 years)
- Tue 3 Oct: 10 – 1pm (9 – 11 years)
- Thu 5 Oct: 10 – 1pm (6 – 8 years)
Only $30 per session
Check our Facebook page or call us for details!
- Phone: 0423 240 909
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/socrgirls/
- Location: Curl Curl
Goodwin’s Tennis Academy
Looking for something to keep your kids entertained during the upcoming school holidays? Why not book your kids in for one of our school holiday tennis camps being held at Mona Vale and Narrabeen.
– Ages 4 and up welcome
– Full week or daily bookings available
– Free before camp care from 7:30am and after camp care until 5pm available
– Experienced, qualified coaches
– Hot Shots tennis
– Lots of fun and prizes
– Free McDonald’s lunch on the last day of each camp
– Camps run rain, hail or shine
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 9979 6772
- Website: www.goodwinstennisacademy.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/goodwinstennisacademy
Mona Vale Tennis Club- Kitchener Park, Barrenjoey Rd, Mona Vale
Narrabeen Community and Tennis Centre- 2-10 Woorarra Ave, Narrabeen
BRICKS 4 KIDZ® School Holiday Workshop
Come Build with Us! The Spring School Holidays are the perfect time for a BRICKS 4 KIDZ® School Holiday Workshop.
From our all new Extreme Ninjas workshop and fun Spring Brick Fest, to our Brick City Engineers and cool Robotics workshops there’s sure to be a fun theme to inspire your child while they build, create and learn with LEGO®!
Our programs are designed to provide a blend of specially-created BRICKS 4 KIDZ® models, LEGO® games, and plenty of time for free-play for kids from Kindergarten to Year 6. Check our website or give us ring for all the details!
- Phone: 0422 487 940
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://bricks4kidz.com.au/sydney-northern-beaches/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/B4KNorthernBeaches/
- Locations: Balgowlah, Curl Curl, Forestville, Belrose, and Mona Vale
Krav Maga Northern Beaches School Holiday Program
Are you looking for something fun and rewarding for the kids for these school holidays?
Now is the time to book into our awesome Krav Maga school holiday program!
We are holding a school holiday program that will teach your child how to protect themselves and help them grow in confidence and discipline.
Our self defence classes for children places emphasis on reducing threat, not causing harm. We teach kids that they can be strong as well as calm … powerful as well as in control.
Throughout our school holiday program, we discuss in depth the principles of ‘warriors’ and the importance of determination, gratitude and humility.
Not only will we be teaching awesome self defence and physical activity but will have some ‘extras’ that we know the kids are going to love including Warrior face painting and board breaks.
Places are limited to 20 children per day, so please visit our website to reserve your child’s place today.
I know this is going to be a transformational experience for not only your child but you as well. You’ll be a part of the priceless joy and pride of seeing your child become a healthy, strong, confident and happy young person.
- When: Tues-Thurs 26th -28th September
- Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Venue: Krav Maga Northern Beaches 1/12 Rickard Rd North Narrabeen
- Cost: 1 day $90, 2 days $150, 3 days $195
- Bookings: http://kravmaganorthernbeaches.com.au/school-holiday-workshop/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: ? 0410 785 543 | ? (02) 9974 3797
Point Break Drama Spring Holiday Acting Intensive
The Holiday Drama workshop is designed to challenge children & teenagers, with new ideas about acting and performance, and give them tastes of different areas.
Point Break Drama’s holiday acting program is an in-depth acting program where participants will move through a series of different classes each day of the workshop, under the tutelage of professional actors.
Once again the course will be split into two age groups. Kids (7-10yrs) and Teens (11-17yrs).
- When: The Drama workshop will take place late in the school holidays on Thurs 5th & Fri 6th October, 2017
- Time: 9am – 4pm on each day
- Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number – 0412676367
- Website: www.pointbreakdrama.com.au
- Facebook: https://www.facebook
- Location: Point Break Drama studio , 28 Fisher Rd, Dee Why
Puppeteria Theatre presents THE JERAL PUPPETS
- Bookings: 9371 7328
- Cost: Children $12, Adults $ 15
- Website: http://www.puppeteria.com/
- Location: PUPPETERIA THEATRE IS LOCATED AT 12 DENAWEN AVE, CASTLE COVE
Kids OT Holiday Program
The outstanding occupational therapists at Kids OT have developed a unique holiday program that incorporates a broad range of activities to help children to kickstart the next term, in and out of school!
Each day includes activities like handwriting, social skills, working memory exercises, focus & attention groups, muscle tone & sports skills and core strength.
All classes are fun and affordable, and the camp is also a great opportunity for your kids to make new friends! Children can attend just one class, one day or the whole week!
- When: 25 – 29 September and 3 – 6 October, 8am to 5.30pm daily
- Where: Kids OT, Level 1, Forestway Shopping Centre, Cnr Warringah Rd & Forestway, Frenchs Forest
- Suitable for: 3 – 12 years old
- Cost: Single classes starting at $25, Full day $165, Full week (5 days) $760
- How to book: call 9457 5735 or email email@example.com
- Website: kidsot.com.au
The Bockety World of Henry & Bucket, Monkey Baa Theatre Company
What is friendship? What happens when it goes wrong?
What do you have to do to make it work?
Henry and Bucket are best pals, although sometimes you wouldn’t think so! Like all good friends they have their ups and downs, their battles and reconciliations, their shared adventures and, at times, their need for their own space. But as long as these two friends are together, transforming their rusty, dusty, battered and bockety world into a place of wonder, their adventures can take them anywhere!
Through Henry and Bucket’s relationship we can examine what friendship is, what happens if it goes wrong and how you fix it.
Poetic, humorous and rich in visual antics, this play explores friendship through a day in the life of two friends who have been likened to a modern-day Laurel and Hardy.
- When 25 – 30 September (Sat 30th 12:30pm only)
- Where: Lend Lease Darling Quarter Theatre. Terrace 3 1-25 Harbour Street, Sydney 2000
- Times: 10.30am & 12.30pm (relaxed performance 28 sept, 12.30pm)
- Suitable for ages 4+
- Duration 45 minutes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 8624 9340
- Website: https://www.monkeybaa.com.au/shows/bockety-world-henry-bucket/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monkeybaatheatreco/
- Tickets: $29 (adult/child), $104 (family of four), $125 (family of five), $25 (per ticket groups 10+), $19 (relaxed performance)
Young Aces – The Best Tennis Camps on the Northern Beaches!
Keep your children active this Spring, whilst learning/improving their tennis in a relaxed and fun environment.
Camp activities fun from 9.30am – 3pm and there is FREE pre and post camp supervision for all you working parents from 8am – 5.30pm. Cost is $50/day and there are multiple day discounts.
Daily Prizes for everyone and a FREE BBQ is provided every Friday. We guarantee your children will love their day at Belrose Tennis Club!
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0423 391 962
- Website: www.youngaces.com.au
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Location: Belrose Tennis Club (Behind Glenrose Village Shopping Centre)
NumberWorks’nWords Spring Holiday Program
NumberWorks’nWords Dee Why and Mona Vale are once again running a Spring Holiday Program!
This is a great way to hit the ground running for Term 4.
The program will run in the 2nd week of the holidays.
3 Days Only
- When: Wednesday 4th, Thursday 5th and Friday 6th October
- Times: 9am-11am for both junior and senior students
- Fees: $312 for 3 days (6 lessons) Fees are due in full to confirm your place.
- Website: www.numberworks.com.au
- Bookings …
Dee Why – 9982 4859 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mona Vale – 9979 5476 – email@example.com
C.A.P.A Academy September School Holiday Workshops 2017
Covers many different areas of Visual Arts: jewellery making, drawing, painting, collages, clay, soap making and bath bombs etc. Cost: Individual day $80.00 (includes all materials used in the program).
Mon 25th– Weds 27th Sep – Dance Workshop
Covers Dance Technique, Stretch and Strength Work, RAD Classical, Lyrical, Contemporary, Broadway Jazz, Commercial Jazz and Dance Acrobatics. Wednesday includes a performance for family and friends 2.30pm – 3.00pm. Cost: Individual day $65.00 or $195.00 full program.
Wed 27th – Fri 29th Sep – Drama Workshop
A three day workshop with stimulating classes covering speech, movement, creative improvisation and script work. Friday includes a performance for family and friends 2.30pm – 3.00pm. Cost: Individual day $65.00 or $195.00 full program
Tues 3rd Oct – Fri 6th Oct – Performing Arts Program
Covers Dance, Drama, Visua Arts, Vocal, Acrobatics and Performance. Cost: Individual day $65.00 or $245.00 Early Bird Special full program (closes Friday 8th September) $260.00 Normal Price.
10% discount for all current C.A.P.A Academy students and other students who have attended the worskhops previously.
Age Groups: Pre-Junior 4-5-6 years, Junior 7-8-9 years and Pre-Teens 10-11–12 years, Pre-Senior 13-14 years
Workshops held 9am – 3pm daily (before and after care available) $10 PER HOUR, PER STUDENT
Be Your Truth Kids School Holiday Workshops
Be Your Truth is running 4 interactive, story based, fun kids coaching workshops over the holidays. Download our flyer here.
- Time – 3pm to 5pm
- Where – TinkerTank, 29 Rialto Lane, Manly 2095
- Suitable for ages 6-13
- Cost – $57 (discounts available when booking multiple workshops)
- Bookings – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0424 133 303
- Website: https://beyourtruth.com.au/lp/school-holiday-coaching-workshops-for-kids-aged-6-13/
Kids on the Coast
Keep the kids entertained with this jam-packed program which includes a survivor
challenge, junior science day, rock platform ramble and more.
- When: Mon 25 Sep – Fri 6 Oct, 10am – 3pm
- Where: Coastal Environment Centre, North Narrabeen
- Suitable for: Ages 6+
- Cost: $61
- Bookings and program:
All Day Vacation Care
Fun activities including excursions, craft, discos, and sports. Fees apply.
- When: Mon 25 Sep – Fri 6 Oct, 7.30am – 6pm
- Where: Beacon Hill, Cromer, Forestville, Harbord
- Suitable for: Ages 5 – 12
- Bookings essential: https://northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/services/children/child-care/vacation-care
Swim Programs – Warringah Aquatic Centre
Fit half a term of swimming into one week! There’s no better way to advance your kids’ swim skills. Our school holiday programs will keep your children active and teach them new skills.
- When: 9am – 12pm……
25 – 29 Sep (5 days) – $91.25
3 – 6 Oct (4 days) – $73
- Bookings essential: https://northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/things-to- do/swimming-pools/warringah-aquatic- centre/school-holiday-programs
Swim Programs – Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre
Boost your child’s swimming skills with our Intensive Learn to Swim program. A great way to boost your child’s swimming skills accelerating their development and progression. Intensive programs run every school holidays over 4 – 5 consecutive
days (excepting public holidays).
25 -29 Sep (5 day) – $92.50
- Bookings essential: https://northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/swimming-pools/manly-aquatic-centre/school-holiday-program
Swim Programs – Giant Inflatable Fun
Enjoy free giant inflatable fun.
- Where: Warringah Aquatic Centre, Frenchs Forest
- When: Sun 1 Oct, 1pm – 4pm
- Bookings essential: Search ‘inflatable fun’ at northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au or phone 9451 8000
- Age limit: 14
Sunny Ray and the Magnificent Moon
Imagine what it’s like to stay up all night! One night Sunny Ray breaks all the rules and instead of going to sleep, stays up very, very late to party with the Magnificent Moon.
Described as a ‘star-spangled theatre rock party’, this fun production features original music inspired by everything from folk to funk, disco and pop.
- When: Sat 21 – Sun 22 Oct, 11am
- Where: Glen Street Theatre, Belrose
- Suitable for: Ages 4+
- Cost: Tickets $22 / Family Pass of 5 $85
- Bookings essential: 9975 1455 or www.glenstreet.com.au/whats-on/sunny-ray-and-magnificent-moon
Kids’ Art Adventures Creative Workshops
Learn a variety of art-making techniques by creating your own artworks inspired by art at the gallery.
- When: Sun 17 Sept and 1 Oct, 10.30am – 12pm
- Where: Manly Art Gallery & Museum, West Esplanade, Manly
- Suitable for: Ages 5 -11
- Cost: $25 per class, includes refreshments
- Bookings essential: https://northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/arts-and-culture/manly-art-gallery-museum-magm/creative-learning
School Holiday Creative Workshop
The Phantom, created in 1936 by Lee Falk, was the first costume ‘superhero’ and pre-dated both Superman and Spiderman. Learn about the art of comic writing and drawing with artists Tom Whelan and Joel Tarling – and create your own comic in response to the exhibition! Part of the 2017 Manly Arts Festival. Exhibition dates: 8 Sep – 29 Oct.
- When: Tue 26 Sep, 10am – 12pm or 2 – 4pm
- Where: Manly Art Gallery & Museum, West Esplanade, Manly
- Suitable for: Ages 7 – 12
- Cost: $30, materials and refreshments included
- Bookings essential: 9976 1421 or email@example.com and https://northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/arts-and-culture/manly-art-gallery-museum-magm/creative-learning