They say cancer will change your life – no matter if it touches you directly…
Stars from Sydney’s Northern Beaches will dance for a Cancer-free future
Yesterday, Tuesday 20th of February, Cancer Council NSW officially launched the 2018 Stars of the Beaches: Dance for Cancer fundraising gala and dance competition, and our very own editor, Nicole Gama, is one of the ‘stars.’
Set to be staged on the 14th of April at Miramare Gardens in Terrey Hills, Stars of the Beaches is a community fundraising event that will challenge local business and community leaders to step out of their comfort zones, learn a dance routine, and perform it live in front of an audience of more than 400 people, all while raising funds for Cancer Council NSW.
At the launch event, 12 local Stars were randomly assigned a dance genre to learn and perform at the gala night. Participants are set to begin their training this month, working towards reaching their fundraising targets and competing for three awards up for grabs: Judges’ Choice, People’s Choice, and Highest Fundraiser.
Becky Dadswell, Community Relations Coordinator at Cancer Council NSW, said that she is excited to see what this year’s line-up of Stars have in store.
“Stars of the Beaches is a once in a lifetime opportunity for local heroes to become a Star and dance! They step out of their comfort zone to fund raise for cancer in a fun way while learning something new. It’s amazing seeing people take on the dance journey and seeing a new side of them in the spotlight. The aim is to have people from all areas of the community participate, demonstrating how we can all contribute and make a difference.
“The 2017 event sold out at 300 tickets and raised $82,000. This year’s venue has increased capacity so we are aiming for the 2018 event to be bigger and better. People can expect a night of fun, entertainment and of course dancing!” concluded Mrs Dadswell.
Funds raised by Stars of the Beaches will contribute to local Cancer Council NSW initiatives such as cancer prevention and support services in Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
2018 Stars of the Beaches Gala Night
Date & Time: Saturday 14 April from 6:30pm
Location: Miramare Gardens, Terrey Hills
• Kate Hutchinson, Editor-in-Chief, Peninsula Living Magazine
• Catherine Gould, Vice President, Long Reed Golf Club
• Cameron Merchant, Cricket Manager, Spartan Sports
• Luke Cameron, Partner & Head of Franchise, Stone Real Estate
• Merryn McLachlan, Founder of Soul Safaris, Writer and Mum
• Andrew Daubney, Director & Head Practitioner, Rebound Health
• Vanessa Moskal, Former Councilor at Warringah Council
• Ann Doughan, Director, Patioland
• Dave Selwood, Club Manager & Exercise Scientist at Anytime Fitness Narrabeen
• Daniella Mills, Personal Assistant to Stephen Crawford at Col Crawford
• Luisa Mastroianni, Owner of LM hair
• Nicole Gama, Editor at Northern Beaches Mums
2018 Dance School Partners
• Tempo Red Academy of Performing Arts (located in Brookvale)
• Arthur Murray Dance Studio Brookvale
• Michael Regan, Mayor of Northern Beaches Council
• Santo Severino, CEO, Miramare Gardens
• Diana Sakaris, Owner, Tempo Red Academy of Performing Arts
• Melanie Perkovich, Owner, Arthur Murray Dance Studio Brookvale
Visit their website to find out more