Vivid Sydney is back in 2017 with a mesmerising 23-day festival of light, music and…
Vivid Sydney in Chatswood is Back From the 26th of May!
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood’s family friendly offerings return for a 3rd year from 26 May to 17 June, featuring a special daytime installation at Chatswood Chase Sydney, night time installations open from the earlier time of 5.30pm, robotics and lantern making workshops, and plenty of easily accessible, interactive installations and dining options.
Chatswood’s Vivid Installations 2017
- Light Bounce – Chatswood Chase
- Lego Robotics Workshop, Chatswood Library
- Steam Punk Space Ship Lantern Making, The Concourse Art Space
- Gear Shift, Chatswood Interchange
- Crossword, Chatswood Mall
- Octopoda, Hawker Lane, Westfield Chatswood
- Future City, Smart City, The sails of The Concourse
- Vivid Sydney (night time installations) Chatswood CBD (from Chatswood Interchange and along Victoria Avenue to The Concourse)
Light Bounce at Chatswood Chase Sydney will welcome the youngest of Vivid-goers with a fun daytime experience. Visitors small and tall will be immersed in the light of a forest of totems adorned with colourful patterns and reflections. The installation is open during centre trading hours (9.30am – 5.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and until 9pm on Thursdays; and 9am to 5pm on Weekends), with the best parking to see the installation on level one or two of the Chatswood Chase Sydney car park.
Chatswood Library on The Concourse will host a free Lego Robotics Workshop for children aged 8 – 14 years, 4pm – 5.30pm on Monday 5 June. This interactive workshop is designed to show kids how robots really work and will even get the chance to control their own robot! Spaces are limited and bookings are essential via www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au.
There is also a Steam Punk Space Ship Lantern Making activity in The Concourse Art Space (next to the Box Office) every evening from Monday 29 May to Sunday 11 June, 5.30pm – 8.30pm. Kids can create and colour their own lantern that will be added to a communal the light installation that will continue to grow for all to see during Vivid. Lanterns can be collected and taken home on the final weekend of Vivid Chatswood.
Canopy of Lights
- Gear Shift at Chatswood Interchange, on the Level 3 footbridge is a space where kids can control a steam-powered machine with their movements.
- Crossword in Chatswood Mall will see attendees become part of the installation as hidden messages appear on revellers.
- Octopoda – Hanging above Hawker Lane, Westfield Chatswood the Octopoda invites attendees to play its eight tentacle drums. As each drum is played a unique display of colour and light explodes out of the drum animating the Octopoda’s musical mind. When all eight drums are played at once the whole Octopoda comes to life, dazzling audiences.
- Future City, Smart City – The sails of The Concourse will be home to a fantastic story the whole family can sit back and enjoy. Images and sound will transport you into the realm of Future City, Smart City where people have taken to the air to create a sustainable community.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood’s night time installations are located in the centre of Chatswood CBD, from Chatswood Interchange and along Victoria Avenue to The Concourse. The installations in the precinct are positioned close together making it an ideal light walk for children. There’s also plenty of space for those bringing a stroller. Families are also encouraged to attend Monday through to Wednesday, when crowds are at their lowest.
The Chatswood Interchange is home to both trains and buses, and this is the best place to start your experience. There’s also plenty of parking at Chatswood Chase Sydney, Westfield Chatswood, The Concourse and Albert Avenue Car Parks.
While in the Precinct, parents can access Parents Rooms in Chatswood Westfield on level 3 near Dollar King, enter off Anderson St, and baby change facilities at The Concourse on ground floor next to the box office, and at Chatswood Interchange in the disabled toilets.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood is on every evening from 5.30pm – 10.30pm, 26 May to 17 June. Light Bounce at Chatswood Chase Sydney will operate from 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 9.30am – 9pm on Thursdays; and 9am – 5pm on Weekends.
Future City, Smart City, The sails of The Concourse